Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In search of life....

Yes I am back.... I have realized that blogging is not only about sharing your views,thoughts or life with the world but importantly it is knowing and discovering yourself .

One night at about 1 am ,while I was chatting online with a friend of mine, I came across a old school buddy. We were talking after decades. So we thought of having a re-union, meet buddies and making it a memorable one. And what was that add-on.......yes a trip to Goa.

So,I reached on 11th April 2011 at Bramhapur (Orissa) ,met all my childhood friends, my school,college and everyone I could. At night 11pm , I was with this friend of mine finally ...it was at a Dhaba on NH-5. We celebrated the occasion followed by dinner. We left for his home in his car at about 2 am perhaps.On reaching his home, I discovered that I had forgotten my mobile at that Dhaba itself. So we drove back again and fortunately we were able to trace the mobile. We were back to his home. This time we thought of having a puff on his terrace. We were talking and deeply lost in our conversation. We realized, we had to board our train Howrah-Vasco Exp at 10 am, so time for a sleep. No sooner did we had lost in the sleep, our room was filled with toxic smoke. We ran outside the building. What we saw was hard to access...A jeep was on fire at night all of a sudden, right besides my friend's house. I was quick to be myself and asked my friend to remove his car nearby as there was chance's of catching fire as it was adjacently parked. That night, we were pouring water from top from the bathroom. Fire-fighters had come, but it was too late.

Now, who was the culprit.....we both looked at each other,smiled and slept. So, next morning as we were leaving for the station in my friend's colleague car, we were able to see the final remains of that jeep. We were at station, trai
n was bit late.We had reservations in 2AC, we occupied our berths and went for a sleep. About 2 in the noon, stomach had started sending signals. Got down and went for the hunt...damn where was the pantry car. Something was wrong ! A lady was sitting opposite, she gave a sweet smile. I saw her big big tiffin, lunch, dinner box ;) . I started the chat. Soon I learnt from her that this train had no pantry. (She was a regular traveller on this train, not to Goa but Hubli ;) ) My conversation did the trick. She was generous enough to share most of her food. My friend woke up at 4 pm. No doubt, he too was hunger-struck. He too joined me along with that aunty. We needed food. Finally at 8 pm, we were in Vijaywada Jn , to our relief we had idlis,dosas, vadas, banana's...It was about 10 pm..a question struck within our minds simuntaneously, what about tomorrow's breakfast and lunch..lol .

I said No problem mate..I have a good elderly friend of mine...Khiru Bhai from Kutch. He stays in Hubli. He is coming tommorow to catch up at stati
on. May be he could be of some help ;) Hubli came finally. We met Khiru bhai and he too equally was delighted. He had brought home-made food for us, so generous and kind of him. He complained why the hell these AC Coaches had curtains ;) . Train left.....We had the breakfast and then followed lunch post-noon. That delicious food made it to a memorable event. It was really really good.

As we enjoyed our journey through the Ghats,waterfalls, tunnels, forests.....we were at Madgaon It was 4 pm.


We were soon at our hotel. It was a lovely evening. We could see the beach side from our terrace. Instead of taking rest, we decided to change and go to the beach. Our friends were supposed to join us soon. No sooner did we reach the beach, we thought of a jog.

After the jog, it was time to take chilled beer and that too on the edge of the beach. When the entire country was under the reins of the Sun God, we had planned our trip to Goa. Hitting the waves of the Arabian ocean and chilling out under the beach umbrella with bottle of chilled beer as the Sun was setting down and the night with that lovely moon setting in, was the unique experience of its kind. Time ceased to be. It was humbling and peaceful. The sea at night is an intoxicating experience.That night remains an everlasting memory of my first visit to Goa.

What we did in Goa and how about things went, I guess I can write a book on it ;) We had a lovely time at Goa. We were lost in a new world, where there were no tension,fears, responsibility. There were no mornings or evenings. It was all one. At one point, we forgot which day and date it was ... We did all we could. We broke all rules. We had drives in fact long drives. We visited all the places, beaches,pubs we could.
It was only about fun and only fun.

So, the day came we had to leave Goa and part. We were on the beach. I said "..Yaar hum logon ko mile hue ek arsa hoh gaya tha....hum logon ko saal mein ek baar Goa aana chaye for a week..." We discussed about how time went by so fast, the time ,fun, and ever lasting experience and memories we would take alongwith us. We made stronger resolutions, we took time to analyze
where we stood. We realised we had lost ourself to the world. We all felt the need to regroup and stay in touch. We had beer as we said Cheers to us and Goa...I said Yaar we need to look each others eye and say Cheers, or else we might end up having bad sex life for next seven years ;)

I got to rediscover myself. Rejuvenate myself, Recharge my batteries, shed out negativities I had been living with. I was feeling stronger, confident, positive. It was like...Aaj fir jeene ki tamana hai...
People come to Goa ..some for fun, some for vacation, some for nightlife,babes...But..Goa is not all about that. It is unique of its
kind. They say no one has seen Heaven. I say I have seen Heaven at least ;) and that is Goa , a perfect place where in you find yourself, peace and love.

What did I bring back from Goa? A few fond memories. A new myself. They’re better than the best photographs. Of course, what I have written is way too short to even scratch the surface of what Goa has to offer. As I hasten back to the real world, I felt torn apart. It was time to be back to business and daily routine. Despite having lot of beers, heat and sultry conditions took toll on me. But anything for Goa.

After Goa, I alongwith one of my friends left for Coimbatore via Hubli and Bangalore....There were more surprises,fun in store which I will share sometime later.

Coming back to that burnt jeep ;) , I was informed by my
friend that we were not the culprits, it was actually burnt by the owner of the jeep itself for a insurance claim....So we laughed, but anyways did it matter us :)

They say "All that starts well, ends well", but then it for me is a new beginning...the shown is on !

Now "Why me" has transformed to "What's next c'mon"

4 comments:

  1. Good One Mukeshh bhai! Go Go Goa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took some inspiration from you AJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very well put down by Mukesh bhaiya.. :) The blog clearly signifies what an amazing trip you had and more so because of the adventure and mysteriously unfortunate but funny train of incidents and co-incidences you witnessed.. (almost on the verge of losing your lifeline, am talking about a cell phone here...please don't extend your imagination :P).It is always fun to getting a stranger to share his/her delicacies with you, especially when you're dead-hungry and a stupid pantry(or no-pantry rather) is your misery.. :D I somehow love that part the most..LOL :P :D

    It was fun to read, and would certainly like to visit Goa and places nearby very soon, and yes, with friends ofcourse.. ;) I know its fun. I'm inspired... :D

    Good luck for your next trip! :) Can't wait to comment on the next one..hehe.

    Regards
    Sreyan Choudhury

    ReplyDelete
  4. thnx Sreyan..next trip probably October n u never know ;)

    ReplyDelete